The Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC) is a global, multi-stakeholder membership and partnership organization that works with poor people, organizations, governments and local entrepreneurs to improve sanitation and hygiene at scale.
To reach the SDG 6.2 target of safely managed sanitation, there is an urgent need to prioritize sanitation, hygiene and menstrual health. IDEA is working with WSSCC for last four years with the issue of SRH and MHM. The major activities under this networks are addressing below:
· Sexual and Reproductive health awareness for both Adolescents Girls and Boys aged 10 to 19 years old.
· Conduction of School based campaign on MHM issues.
· Conduction of school based MHM training for young adolescents girls from secondary schools aged 10 to 19 years old.
· Facilitation of year round no one leave behind campaign with the issue of SRH and MHM
· Facilitation of district level advocacy meeting with the issue of MHM at school level
· National Sanitation month and world hand washing Day observation
· Set up two MHM corner in two secondary school in Sylhet City respectively Kazi Jalal Uddin Girls High School and Mynunnesa Girls High School.
· Local level lobby advocacy work with governments and local administration to develop or transform policies, laws, regulations, distribution of resources or other decisions that affect people's lives and to ensure that such decisions are implemented.
Supported by: Unnayan Shahojogy Team (UST)