Advancing Women’s Right of Access to Information in Bangladesh
- To increase awareness by CSOs on importance of RTI for women;
- To enhance capacity of CSOs to use RTI and advance women’s use of RTI;
- To ensure access to information through innovative mechanism.
- Number of CSOs and/ Women CSOs/CBOs in Sylhet district incorporating RTI into their agenda;
- Number of CSOs and/ Women CSOs/CBOs in Sylhet districts assisting women to seek information;
- Information service providing authorities are sensitized to disclose information proactively;
- Information is available from service agencies through implementation of RTI.
Meetings, workshops to raise awareness among women's groups and other relevant local organizations about the right of access to information. Follow up with smaller groups of women who show a special interest in being champions of the right of ATI. Awareness-raising campaigns and dissemination will be organized through different media (e.g. radio) about the right of access to public information. Convene and conduct capacity building/trainings among relevant CSOs and community based organizations on how to use the Right to Information Act and women and RTI.
Sylhet Sadar Upazila
April 2017 to January 2019
MJF, Carter Center