Ensuring Safe Water for Rural Community (ESWRC)
- Reduce the vulnerabilities of poor communities in project locations to increasing drinking water poverty
- Enhance the capacity of poor communities and local government to plan for and respond to water safety, wells maintenance and hygiene issues
- Wells set in 2 upazila enhanced to ensure sufficient drinking water supply during all seasons.
- Kitchen gardens are promoted adjacent ground of wells to increase income and address family level nutritional deficiencies
- Increase capacity of local government and local administration on respond to well maintenance and planning
- Increase knowledge of poor community on water safety, well maintenance and hygiene issues
Need assessment survey, Formation of water option management committee, Installation of STW, Facilitate the targeted community to prepare kitchen garden surrounding the well. Meeting with WatSan Standing Committee of Local Government, Meeting with Local Government (Union Parishad) to share the progress and mobilizing them for sustainability, sharing meeting with Upazila administration and DPHE at Upazila level, Meeting with water option management committee about maintenance, management and raise awareness on hygiene issues.
Hobiganj & Sunamganj District
October 2018 to December 2019