IDEA- SDCShomoshti Project
IDEA- SDCShomoshti Project
- 45,000 rural households (70% poor, 40% disadvantaged and 30% women) use improved technical and available social services;
- Private and public providers offer improved services to at least 22,500 rural households engaged in agriculture and cottage industries which are affordable and relevant to the poor and disadvantaged;
- Issues of equitable access to resources and markets and social services raised by rural households and private service providers have been addressed by local government institutions and in government policies, rules and regulations.
- Rural households ( poor, disadvantaged and women) use improved market and social services;
- Public and private service providers are more responsive to the business and social needs of the poor, disadvantaged and women.
Identify existing producer groups, Identified group validation at community, producers identification, group reformation, non-producers but beneficiary identification, Conduct WBA sessions, Prepare Community Action Plan (CAP), Conduct Rapid Market Assessment (RMA) sessions, Conduct Participatory Poverty Analysis (PPA) at Community, Community introduced/linked with social services , Potential LSP Identify and prepared list, Potential SCAs identify at community and prepared list, orientation session organized with LSPs and SCAs, day observation.
Sylhet, Moulvibazar and Hobiganj District
November 2016 to March 2018
Entrepreneurship Development Program.
- To create alternative opportunities of income and employment for poor and disadvantaged people, particularly women living in remote rural and slum areas
- To develop capacity of women and help empower them socio-economically
- To significantly reduce poverty among primary stakeholders living in remote and urban area.
Socio-economic development through group practice in income generating activities, develop group leaderships, preventing anti-social activities, greater unity by combining primary groups, develop a culture of regular savings.
Fishing and fish selling, Grocery shop business, Barbershop business, Rickshaw, Tea stall business, Dried fish business, Cattle fattening, Stationary shop, Rice trading, Handicrafts production and sale, Duck and poultry farming, Tailoring shop, Vegetable production and shop, Renting in ferry and market, Hawking business.
Sunamgonj and Sylhet district.
Group members’ savings and money generated by IDEA from its own enterprises.
- To create more income and employment opportunities for sustainable development and livelihood;
- To improve capabilities of VDOs for institutionalization and governance;
- To strengthen the capacity of VDO members and LLVs to the farm based production, diversification and marketing;
- To develop leadership capacity of the VDO members and LLVs to access local Go/NGO services and to protect their rights.
- All VDOs will have appropriate management and leadership skills and tools established for better governance and sustainable growth ensuring required technical, financial and marketing support to VDO members;
- At least 50% of the VDOs will have registration from the concerned authorities to enjoy associated benefits of registration, e.g. operation of legitimate financial services among the members, reap benefits from government services and opportunities e.g. leasing in of Khas (vested water bodies from government) etc.
- VDO members will be engaged in year round farm based livelihood options;
- The VDO members will have increased income from their engagement into the value chains and other enterprises.
Village Development Organization (VDO) assessment and baseline study, prepare community development communication materials, VDO governance boot camp, Capacity of Local Level Vendors (LLVs) for better business skills and competitiveness in the market linking up with the VDOs, implement community awareness and development activities with the VDOs- health, sanitation, hygiene, women empowerment, disaster preparedness, climate resilience etc.
Sylhet & Hobiganj district.