Job Circular for TotthoBondhu
Project Title: Advancing Women’s Right of Access to Information in Bangladesh
Position Name : TotthoBondhu
Educational Qualification: At least Bachelor Degree or Highe
Roles and responsibility:
- Sensitizing women within the local com munities the right of access to information, complimenting the larger program efforts by the partner NGOs by following up with individual women who want to make information requests and sharing proactively disclosed information.
- Coordinating with the PNGO including attending PNGO program events as possible, both to benefits from them as well as to share positive example of women seeking information, outcomes and impact.
- Meeting at least once a month with the local PNGO
- Maintaining contact with local government Officials, identifying priority areas of information needs in the community.
- Participating in the multi stakeholder meetings to share field perspective, as appropriate
- Developing a work plan in consultation with the local PNGO and approved by the carter center and reporting periodically to the local PNGO and the carter center on efforts and advancement
- Assist in process documentation, documentation on case study/ success story and support to PNGOs to facilitate advocacy meeting and capacity building training programs under this project
- Target base activity will be continuing for community; promote the right of access to information for women by assisting with requests, information sharing and awareness rising.
- Regular basis report preparing and sharing.
- Collect needed information & disseminating; provide assistance to getting access of government services.
- Make bridging among government & community.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in development studies, Social Science, Agriculture,
- Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluations into operational planning and strategy
- Ability to capitalize on past experience and information available within the organization in order to become self-sufficient and autonomous quickly.
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situations or necessity.
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian ideals
- Ability to live in a remote environment.
- Prepare activity reports and any annexes relating to specific activities for the financial donor reports and/or amendments
- Ensure that all reports are delivered on time and in the correct format
- Maintain a local operational communications network and good relations with local and government authorities, financial donor representatives. In his/her assignment area, represent Project’s at meetings or forums concerning the program activities at deferent level.
- Represent the organization when asked and/or delegated to do so
- In collaboration with the Coordinator, prepare the administrative documents.
- Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both in English and Bengali
- ICT Knowledge is mandatory for this position to surf web base information for community
- Female candidates to be prioritized
Salary & Benefits:
• According to the project allocation salary & other benefits will be received.
Application not allowed after 25 January 2018 05:00MP